Hello my Zebras and Spoonies! Thanks for coming and hanging out with me today, I’m glad that you are here. Today I am going to be doing a product review for the TENS unit that I have linked up above there.
The first thing to talk about is what a TENS unit is and what it is for. TENS stands for: transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation. These devices are designed to use electric current to help relieve pain. It is important to know that the research on TENS to treat pain is mixed and problematic. It really isn’t clear if there is a real benefit to using TENS to treat your pain or not. That’s something to consider when you are thinking about starting TENS treatments. If you are interested in reading more about TENS and the research regarding the treatment, this article is a great place to start.
I chose to try using a TENS to treat my pain because I felt that it was a fairly low risk treatment. That being said, I will remind you that the research on TENS units and TENS therapy is problematic and that limits how much we really can claim to know what the side effects of using TENS units actually are. Despite that, I still felt that for me, the risk of additional medications to manage my pain presented more risk and more potential problems then trying a TENS unit.
This is the TENS unit that I have been using and it is one that I would recommend to others who are interested in using TENS to treat their pain. Overall, it is a great unit that I have found easy to operate and effective pain control.
What I like about this unit:
- It has two treatment channels which allows you to treat two different areas at the same time.
- You can buy pads that are varied in size and shape which give you more control over where the treatment is administered.
- The device has great variability in its settings. You can change both the pulse pattern and the intensity.
- It comes with a carry case.
- Has a clip to attach to your pants or belt so you can take the unit with you.
What I don’t like about this unit
- It is powered by batteries. This means that you are buying and throwing away batteries to run the unit. It would be better if it had an internal battery that was rechargeable.
- Would be nice to have a carry strap for the unit. The clip is nice, but has limits and cannot attach to every type of clothing. Not well suited for dresses or other women’s attire. However, the unit is small enough that it can be easily slid into a small hand bag or purse to more easily carry around.
Well, that’s about it for my rambling today. Thanks for coming and spending some time with me. If you like what you read, click on that like button. It really does help! Until we talk again, you take care of yourselves!