Hello Dazzle! Thanks for coming and hanging out with me today, I’m glad that you are here. Today I want to invite you to spend some time thinking about the things that you are grateful for and the reasons that you are grateful for them. It is very easy to focus on the negative things in the world and get lost to them. They can swallow us whole. But there are still good things in this world. Regardless of how small those things are, list them. Sing their praises. Then, come back to that list when you are struggling. These things are points of emotional and spiritual power.
I am grateful
- For my husband who has always accepted me just the way that I am.
- For my daughter who has always been able to make me laugh.
- For videogames that have been a way for me to escape from my thoughts when they are too much.
- For the small pleasures in life such as the first sip of a hot cup of coffee, the sun rise and the feel of a fuzzy blanket against my face. These things offer me comfort when I feel lost.
- For the crafting supplies that have enabled me to be a creative person which has been healing.
These things that we are grateful for are things that we can come back to when we are having a difficult time. Are there people on your list? Perhaps they are people that you should be reaching out to when you find yourself struggling. Are there activities on your list? Excellent! Then things are things that you can do when you are struggling. Often times, we write down our lists of gratitude and then we tuck them away, giving them no further thought. Instead, I want you to really think about your list of gratitude. What on that list can help lift you up when you feel like you are falling down?
Well, that’s about it for my rambling today. Thanks for coming and spending some time with me. If you like what you read, click on that like button. It really does help! Until we talk again, you take care of yourselves!